We guarantee that the start of your contract of occupancy with Ardmuir can be deferred if you are:
This does not affect the rights you now have under the new legislation Coronavirus (Scotland) (No.2) Bill offering a 28 days notice period to all student accommodation tenants affected by the coronavirus.
Zetland House | 403 King Street, Aberdeen AB24 3BZ. Tel: 07768 164 704
Opened in 2014 Zetland House is our newest development, nestled in the centre of Aberdeen’s’ bustling student neighbourhood, hiding behind a tree-lined forecourt. Not only do the floor to ceiling windows flood the rooms with natural light, they also offer views of the beautiful cityscape and the beach beyond. Not that we would want to distract you whilst you study!
This purpose built high-end student accommodation offers a range of sleek 2-4 bedroom apartments. Located a 5-minute walk away from Aberdeen University and with the main bus stop on your doorstep.
Included in your rent:
There are a number of ways to do this;
- Select the property via our website and make a booking via the online booking system (Book Now). This process takes about 5 minutes and will require payment of £200 to make the reservation (this payment goes towards your overall annual rent!) When making your booking you can add in the names of any friends you want to share with and any specifics on your room/flat under the additional preferences section
- Phone us to make a booking, we can complete the reservation and payment over the phone
- Email us to let us know what you are looking for, or to arrange an appointment to either view a flat or complete a contract and make payments.
- Pop into our office any time during normal working hours, and we will do our best to accommodate you at short or no notice.
Yes – we have a selection of flat types that we can show you so you know what you are getting. We are currently offering online virtual viewings. Book your viewing here.
At the majority of our buildings, car parking is plentiful, secure and gated, and free, when you check in, just give us your car details (and a security deposit for the keyfob for the gate) and you are set.
We will work to accommodate you at any time, whether during normal hours or in the evenings / weekends, just contact our team to make arrangements. Our normal working hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm Saturday
- We have a number of options to suit your needs – you can pay in one single instalment (and get a small saving for the payment processing fees) or you can pay in 3 instalments over the tenancy or 10 instalments over the tenancy period.
- Payment for these instalments can be made by standing order, by credit or debit card through your student portal, over the phone or in the office
- The most popular way to make payment is through your student portal via credit or debit card, to access your portal you can use the link emailed to you when you made your booking or click on “My Account” located on the bottom of each page of our website. Once you are logged into your Student portal you can click on financials and select the instalment amount you wish to make payment for, you can amend the amount so you can pay towards future rent instalments if you wish. Payment can be made over the phone or in the office using your credit or debit card, please contact the Dundee or Aberdeen offices directly to make payment.
- Should you wish to make payment via Standing Order please contact the Dundee or Aberdeen Office for our bank details and reference that we require your payment to contain. Please note this will need to be done in advance of checking in to the property otherwise an alternative payment method will be required for your first rent instalment.
- Please note we reserve the right to not allow access to your accommodation if we have not received your first rent instalment or evidence that payment has been made.
We always work with our Students to accommodate your individual situation!
- Yes, assuming at the time of booking we have a whole flat available (the earlier you book, the more likely that will be possible) we will put you all together. We usually work with our allocations and try to meet all your wish list. Most of our properties are 3 bedroom flats, so you only have to find two friends to share with!
- If booking online, just state that you want to share with in the additional preferences section and give their names, that way we will know to allocate you in the same flat.
We open for re-signing/renewals for current tenants staying with us in December and start taking bookings in January for new tenants.
Yes, within reason and subject to availability. We have previously accommodated large groups who have filled an entire block of 3 bedroom flats. Just no crazy parties please!
Although you have your own flat, we deal with all that for you, we pay all the gas, electricity, water, and also include a great high-speed WIFI service, so its all included in your rental payments.
We don’t limit or restrict use of any of the utilities (gas or electricity) so you can use as much of the hot water, heating, washer/dryer as you like. If you shut down the grid, we may come chat to you, but that’s never happened so far!
We do better than that! Virtually every flat has a washer/dryer in the kitchen, and its free to use, with no limits, no tokens, and no carrying your laundry around the building (only 207 King street has a laundry in the basement).
Unfortunately, it happens from time to time, but that’s ok, our helpful maintenance team are on site every day, with a 24hr call out for emergencies. You will be given the mobile number and email address for the maintenance to report any issues by text, call or email. They will ask a few questions about your issues and try to help. Often, they will pop over right away. They will always give you an idea of how quickly they can get to you! It’s unusual for them not to attend within 24hrs of your call.
We already have a super-fast WIFI service provided as part of your rent and our service. It is typically a stable 40MB speed, but we do have up to 120MB available on some sites if you need faster speeds.
It’s probably easier to tell you what’s not included; there is no bedding & towels provided. Everything else pretty much is: in the kitchen, all cutlery, crockery, glassware, utensils, pots, pans etc. Also, all appliances including small appliances are provided, including Kettle, Toaster, Microwave, Iron (and ironing board) and a Vacuum cleaner. For full inventory list, see the link on the ‘about us’ page in the Ardmuir Service section or click here.
Yes, our Premium Flats at Trinity Court are available with Double beds
Each bedroom has a large built in wardrobe as well as under bed storage drawers. Also, most flats have a storage cupboard in the hallway.
We allow back to back contracts so you can stay from one year to the next without having to move out at all. If you have a break over the summer, our Cleaning and maintenance teams can also assist with storing some of your items.
There are cable outlets in most of our flats for connecting to SKY tv, you will need to subscribe to that service if you want it. There is a book case in each Living room designed for having your TV sitting on top of. If you do have a TV in your flat, you will need to register for a TV license. You only need 1 license per flat to watch TV in your living room so you can share the cost with your flat mates
We encourage you not to have your bikes in the flats or stairwells as primarily it’s a fire hazard (if it blocking easy access or exit) but also it generally causes lots of cosmetic damage to our buildings and we really want to keep them looking nice for you! We therefore provide secure locked bike stores usually within our private courtyards. These areas are also monitored by CCTV for added protection and peace of mind
There’s no gym on site, as we don’t believe in ‘Ticking boxes’ in terms of providing something substandard! We have a world-class facility next door to us (Aberdeen Sports Village) where they have some of the best facilities in Scotland! Look them up...
- We have a great student lounge next to our office at Trinity Court, it is a place that you can just come hang out in during the days, but also you can reserve for any private events you wish to organize, whether it’s a movie night with some friend taking advantage of the cinema system and projector and huge screen, or you want to do some study groups or practice presentations etc.
- Also, it’s a place you can pop in to see our friendly staff, and get a free cup of coffee or tea, or just escape from the weather! We also run social events to let you meet some of your neighbours.
Ahead of your move in date, we will advise you of your flat address and the exact move in procedure, however you will be greeted by one of the Ardmuir team and shown to your flat and given an overview on the do’s and do not’s and also be informed on all the safety and security aspects of being in your own flat. We are always on hand to help, you might even be able to get them to help carry your bags to your new home! Oh, and you don’t need to worry about where to park, you will be able to pull your car into our private car parks right by your flat.
Oh dear, you thought you knew them well, and only once you spend a few days in the flat did you realise it was the worst decision ever… don’t worry, come speak to our helpful team and we will do everything we can to get you moved to a different flat.
- Typically, the cleaning team will clean your Kitchen/Living room, Bathrooms & Hallways. They will NOT go into your bedrooms. The normal clean will include washing floors, clean the entire bathroom (incl. floors, bath tub, sink, toilet, vanity), clean the kitchen tops, cooker, microwave, sink etc, clean / wipe down tables and empty bins.
- They will not load your dishwasher, or wash your dishes, they will not do your laundry, they will clean what they can reasonably see and access. They will not carry down multiple bags of rubbish left. They are not there to tidy your mess, but rather keep the surfaces of the flat clean.
- The cleaners will work with you and accommodate your schedule. They will generally clean your flat on the same day and same time, and it is usually the same team of cleaners each time. Just let them know ahead of your usual scheduled time that you would like not to be disturbed and they will try to accommodate your needs.
- We believe that you should always be able to speak with someone, therefore rather than a centralised number, we give you the mobile numbers for all our main staff, so you can just call them direct! No cheesy hold music, or complicated menu’s! That’s right, if you want the cleaners, just call Margaret. If you want Maintenance, just call Peter!
- We stand behind our service so much, that you also have the mobile numbers for the Directors that run the company, Mads and Richard! That’s right, we will field calls of any nature, whether you want to compliment the exceptional service of our Team, or if we didn’t meet your expectations!
RATES & BOOKING
LEASE FROM 44 WEEKS