We want you to know that we’re doing everything we can to keep you safe and have put measures in place to make Ardmuir the safest it can be as we welcome you back for the forthcoming academic year.
Below you will find helpful advice and a list of requirements that our tenants need to adhere to when checking in.
Policy will download/open as a PDF
Included within our Induction, tenants must agree to the following:
Tenants must make a check in appointment
(you may not be permitted to check in if you arrive without one)
Tenants must have checked to see if you need to quarantine
by visiting this link - Coronavirus (COVID-19): public health measures at borders
Tenants must bring only one person to assist with moving in
(unless agreed otherwise with us)
Tenants must not have had any COVID symptoms
or have been given a positive result of having COVID within last 14 days prior to check-in
Tenants and family/friends on site during check in must wear face masks
(unless they have a condition which means they can’t)
We ask that Tenants adhere to Scottish Government guidelines while living in the accommodation
We ask that you please wear face coverings in stairwells and corridors unless you are medically exempt.
- face coverings should not be shared with others
- before putting on or removing the face covering, hands should be cleaned by washing with soap and water or hand sanitiser
- make sure the face covering is the right size to cover the nose, mouth and chin
- when temporarily storing a face covering (e.g. during classes), it should be placed in a washable, sealed bag or container. Avoid placing it on surfaces, due to the possibility of contamination
- re-usable face coverings should be washed after each day of use at 60 degrees centigrade or in boiling water
- disposable face coverings must be disposed of safely and hygienically. Staff and students should be encouraged to place their face coverings in the general waste bin. They are not considered to be clinical waste in the same way that used PPE may be.
As per government advice, you should not be entering another household, so no flat should be having visitors at the moment.
We hope that there will be none but we would encourage tenants to report any large gatherings/parties within flats. You should report these to the police and they can be reported to our maintenance number on 07786 432 579.
From 14 September 2020, restrictions on parties in private dwellings apply to student accommodation. Regulation 10 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 makes it an offence to attend a party in student accommodation.
We would urge all tenants to read the following link - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/279/regulation/10/made